Department Description: This busy team works with state, local and commercial customers across the DC metro area. What we do, helps save lives and we take great pride in our work.
Job Description: The Shop Administrator wears many hats within this unique organization. They are the first face of client that all customers see, so it is imperative that they maintain an upbeat demeanor, professional appearance, and a positive attitude. In addition to standard receptionist duties such as greeting walk in customers and visitors and answering the phones and transferring calls, a strong candidate must possess a strong ability to multitask with good organizational skills. Some of the responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited too:
- Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment.
- Act as an Administrative Assistant to the Shop Manager and Project Managers.
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Shipping and receiving
- Logging equipment in and out
- Answering telephones
- Schedule/dispatch technicians and installers
- Order and receive repair parts inventory
- Maintain the Parts Room Inventory
- Creating and processing tech job tickets.
- Processing warranty claims
- Ordering and receiving shop and office supplies
- Contacting customers for equipment pickup, small parts and install quotes.
- Provide administrative support to shop personnel.
- Organizing, arranging, and coordinating meetings
- Data Entry
- Monitor and maintain office equipment; inventory supplies and order replacement supplies as needed.
- Skilled in the use of time tracking, billing, inventory, and other specialized software suites used by the shop.
Other tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accurate reporting in time tracking systems each week before the day/time determined by manager.
- Responsible for processing all expense reports within the clients HR Guidelines.
- Ability to efficiently use a computer and common computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Browser, and Google Suite.
- Ability to work as a member of a team which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office manager, office assistant, or other relevant role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years related experience.
- Associate degree in Office Administration or relevant field is preferred.
- Electronics Technicians Association (ETA) Customer Service Specialist (CSS) certification or equivalent is preferred.