Develops, refines, validates and manages project plans to ensure on time and on budget delivery of major technology initiatives across the enterprise.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Good group presentation skills. Good analytical and problem solving skills Good mathematical skills. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent leadership skills.
- Frequently interacts with IBS staff including business area management, portfolio managers, vendors, consultants and other contractors.
- Brokers services within IBS and vendors on behalf of the business area represented.
- Develops project plans based on specifications provided by the Portfolio Management staff and manages effective execution of the initiatives.
- Responsible for utilizing project management methods, standards, project integration as well as the coordination of all internal and external resources required to complete assigned projects.
- Provides timely and concise communications to functional leadership regarding project status and pending issues; analyzes processes and makes recommendations for optimizing resources and product delivery.
- Builds consensus among multiple process leads relative to project scope, task execution, staffing and issue resolution.
- Provides overall financial direction for the projects to manage the development of budgets, controls and measurements to monitor project progress.
- Identifies potential risks within the project; proactively manages issues. Participates in identifying project costs, resource allocation, project schedule changes and issue escalation.
- Must be willing to travel up to 35 percent of the time. Performs related duties as assigned. Good interpersonal skills Excellent relationship building skills
- Good staff development skills Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with computer hardware such as general mainframe, midrange, network and desktop technologies; computer software includes application development lifecycle, MS Office Suite, Outlook.